Liverpool will continue their preparations for the 2022/23 season, with an additional friendly match confirmed amid injury updates for three players.
Klopp extends the preparatory season for Liverpool
Do you think the friendly matches are almost over? Think again!
Jurgen Klopp confirmed today that the Reds will “extend” their pre-season campaign into the new season, with another training match taking place. after, after The opening match in the Premier League against Fulham.
With such a tight schedule this summer, the Liverpool boss says he has no choice but to continue his side’s preparations for another grueling year in the early stages of the season.
The extra friendly match will take place behind closed doors on Sunday, August 7, with sound echo Claiming that Aston Villa would be the contender.
This is not the first time that Liverpool have played Villa in such a match, having also done so in a similar friendly this time last year, a day after their first-day victory over Norwich.
The game will give those who are not playing against Fulham a chance to get more valuable minutes in their legs.
Triple injury update, with Alisson still missing
- Alison He is now ruled out of Liverpool’s Community Shield match against Manchester City on Saturday, but Klopp says he will be ready for the trip to Craven Cottage a week later.
- Caoimhin Kelleher He’s still absent, too, having missed out on trips to Asia and Austria this summer. the athleteJames Pearce has now revealed that a groin injury is keeping him out of action.
- Diogo Jota He is another person assigned to a longer treatment room, after Klopp told reporters on Thursday that his recovery “will take some time”. Far from ideal!
3 things today: The Reds are not finished in Austria… yet
- Liverpool trained again in Austria today and will be back home on Friday. Virgil van Dijk’s potential central defense partner against City is one of the seven things we’ve learned from this year’s trip to Saalfelden.
- Klopp’s press conference before the Community Shield was held from camp via Zoom. His comments on Fabio Carvalho are one of five things we picked up from his recent media assignments.
- Transfers may be scheduled for Liverpool when the team returns to Merseyside on Friday.
The latest news from Liverpool FC
- Roberto Firmino is still linked with a move to Juventus, but a Liverpool journalist claims the club has no intention of letting him go.
- Klopp hailed Firmino as the “heart and soul” of his Liverpool side, but offered only a noncommittal expression “we will see” on the forward’s future.
Latest chat transfer
Officially blue! ?
Everton 28 July 2022
- Your Everton accomplishment Signing of Burnley winger Dwight McNeill for a fee of around £20m. Where will left wing prodigy Anthony Gordon play?!
- Luis Suarez has is back His first club, Nacional, on a free transfer to his native Uruguay. Lots of ex-Liverpool players on the move this summer!
- Barcelona set for closing A deal to sign Chelsea target Jules Conde, making him his fourth signing of the summer after Frank Casey, Andreas Christensen and Robert Lewandowski. good job?
Isn’t this just the most adorable picture of Thiago you’ve ever seen? something of beauty.
– Liverpool FC (LFC) 28 July 2022