Liverpool may see a talented defender gain experience in the Premier League this season, while Jurgen Klopp has taken a humorous approach to comparisons between Darwin Nunez and Erling Haaland.
Van den Berg’s next loan to be top notch?
Sepp van den Berg enjoyed a productive stint with Preston in the Championship last season, trusting him with precious minutes in his favorite center back position.
The young Dutchman is currently with Jurgen Klopp’s side in Austria and is being promoted for another loan period, with Nat Phillips subsequently retaining an additional defensive cover – with Reese Williams already getting a temporary substitution.
Bournemouth has been rumored to be a potential destination for Van den Berg for next season, and Cherry could use his talent as they desperately need the numbers.
Phillips spent the second half of last season on loan with Scott Parker’s side but Van den Berg looks decent, with Mail Report an apparent interest.
It will be an invaluable Premier League season for the 20-year-old as he looks to continue his development and future claim to a role in Liverpool’s defence.
3 things of the day: comparing Nike, Nunez and Haaland
- Jürgen Klopp He chose the joke when asked to compare Darwin Nunez and Erling Haaland, noting with laughter that “one is left-footed and the other right-footed.” Never change, Jurgen!
- Sadio ManeHis move to Bayern Munich set an example for how transfers were handled in Klopp’s eyes, with the deal being completed with the utmost respect and care.
The latest news from Liverpool FC
- Roberto Firmino has been closely linked with Juventus in recent days in a bid of up to £19.5m and he could be in the final year of his deal but that’s not the time, it’s not Bobby’s time.
- After a few intense days in Austria, players were able to put their feet up and relax and the scenic location will make anyone envy the holiday!
- And Virgil van Dijk discussed his role in Joe Gomez’s new contract, as the No. 4 player was excited for his teammates to show off his talent this season and beyond. Will Gomez return to being Virgil’s right-hand man?
Latest Transfer Talk
- Timo Werner’s future at Chelsea remains in question, and Sky Germany has claimed that a return to RB Leipzig is an “option”. It looked like a long time ago it looked like he was going to land at Anfield.
- West Ham have made another move into the market, with Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca expecting to join soon in a £35.5m deal. It is the summer of strikers in the Premier League.
- And if you’re at all interested in the transfer drama of Man United, Frenkie de Jong and Barcelona, there is little progress as the Spanish club still owes the midfielder £17m in wages!
Tweet today and
match watch out for the night
We love the fact that Mo loves preseason, and is expecting big things again this season…
Salah reviews his goals for Jones?? pic.twitter.com/cx2saNmYVa
– Dan? (FabioRole) 24 July 2022
It’s a quiet night tonight, folks who are waiting another day for the lionesses to play the European Championship semi-finals. Can we suggest watching a movie, though? That’s always so good on a Monday night, we’ve heard a lot about ‘The Gray Man’ on Netflix…